Tuesday, 16 August 2016

happy things



Here's what's been making me happy recently.

1. Celebrity First Dates

I've got so much love for this show! My favourites are the ones that go well, it makes me go all warm and fuzzy. The last episode of the celebrity edition with Musharaf from Educating Yorkshire was so good, I thought him and his date made such a cute couple.

2. Comments on my blog

Make me a bit giddy with happiness :)

3. Weddings

P and I went to another family wedding last weekend. The ceremony was held in the Bodleian Library in Oxford, with the reception afterwards in a lovely country pub near Thame and there was a big red Routemaster bus to get everyone from Oxford to the reception with champagne and pastries provided en route. Something I've noticed at the weddings I've attended recently though is that the guests seem to enjoy the wedding more than the bride and groom, which seems wrong!

4. Happiness Planner

I've been eyeing up one of these  for ages and so glad I got round to finally ordering it. I started filling it in yesterday and really enjoyed it. I've found it very therapeutic to really think about all the little things that make me happy and how often I want to be doing those things. I'm definitely guilty of always looking towards the weekend or what I'm doing next rather than trying to enjoy what I'm doing now and this is really helping me focus on what makes me happy and trying to incorporate more happiness into my every day life. It's also full of lots of  inspiring quotes which I'm a big fan of.

5. Standing Up Desk

Work have ordered everyone in my team a standing desk and I'm loving it. I get very fidgety so it's nice to be able to have the choice between sitting and standing, although I'm sure I'm going to drive my colleagues mad moving it up and down all day.

6.  Clifton Nurseries

I've been meaning to visit this place for a while and so glad I finally got round to it at the weekend, it's honestly one of my favourite places in London, if I could move in I totally would. It's a little oasis of calm in London and made me realise how much I want a garden of my own to fill up with herbs, pretty flowers and plants. I have to go back soon and try the cafe which looks amazing!

7. Meeting the Parents

P met my family properly for the first time at the weekend for a meal and he didn't run away screaming, which quite frankly is amazing!

8.  A Week with P's Family

I spent last week with P's family in a holiday house in Worcestershire for his birthday and it was so fun. I always wanted to have a big family because mine is tiny and it was so lovely to spend time with them playing games and chilling.

9. Dogs

P's sister has a family dog (called Mr Ding Dong. Note to self - never let your kids name your dog. Luckily he also responds to Dingers). Name aside, it was so lovely playing ball with him and taking him for walks last week. It's really made me want a dog though, one day I will!

10.  Clapham

I spent some time wandering around Clapham on Sunday  and there are so many lovely houses, cafes, streets and restaurants, I can't believe I had never been. I love exploring new parts of London!

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!