Monday, 1 August 2016

happy things


I'm desperately trying to snap myself out of some serious Monday blues which makes it the perfect time for a list of all the things that have been making me happy recently.

1. Instagram Likes

One of my favourite photographers liked one of my pictures on Instagram. Seems like a small thing but I totally geeked out!

2, New Car

I've got a new set of wheels! I very nearly had a total meltdown though on Tuesday evening (about 24 hours after picking it up) when a warning indicator light came on. I freaked out and after quickly checking the manual jumped to the conclusion that it was a problem with the brakes. I had to go to Wales for two days and was stressing about it the whole time until I came back and double checked the light. Turns out the warning light for the brake system and low tyre pressure look quite similar except one's red and the other's amber with a wavy line below it which I failed to miss in my panic. Thankfully I've pumped the tyres up and I'm back on the road.

3. First Wedding

P and I attended our first wedding together in Wales last week. It was nice because it was a little bit different to other weddings I've been to, the bride had bright pink hair, one of the groomsmen did a reading at the ceremony off his phone, the wedding breakfast was afternoon tea, there was a falconry display, an ice cream cart and pizza. There were still the good old wedding staples like dancing, a gorgeous reading from Captain Corelli's Mandolin, champagne and very drunk relatives of course!

4. Jacket Stealing

Towards the end of the evening at said wedding it got a bit cold so P lent me his jacket. I love a gentleman in a suit ❤️❤️❤️.

5. First Good Photo

Another wedding related one but I got our first good photo of P and I! It only took 9 months :D 

6. Nice Work Comments

And it's always nice to get positive feedback about your work isn't it?

7. Game of Thrones Season 2

The DVD came last week and I'm loving it.

8. Running

I ran 11k on Sunday, which is the longest I've ever run. I felt it a bit in my hips and knees (and my arms strangely enough as they were a bit stiff after being in the same position for an hour) but feeling very proud of myself.

9. Hair Cut

As much as I hate sitting in the hairdressers chair trying to awkwardly make conversation, the head massage you get when they wash your hair and the feeling of having a few inches chopped off when it's been annoying you for a while totally makes up for it!

10. First BBQ of the Summer

I went to P's for my first BBQ of the summer and ate SO much food. There was endless amounts of chicken wings, sausages, burgers, kebabs, steak and spare ribs. Good times.

1 comment:

  1. wow 11k?! good for you. i love these posts because i can relate too. #1 when i admire someone on insta and they like my post, i get a bit giddy. #2 when i first got my new car i had the exact same problem with the low tire pressure light, and i was so annoyed/worried. i popped 2 tires within the first two months of owning it...sad!!

    love your blog and now following you on bloglovin!

    taylor / www.ataylorstudio.com/bloganticipation

    ReplyDelete