Thursday, 21 July 2016

happy things


This week is seriously dragging but it's Thursday and the weekend's nearly here!

Until it reaches us, here's some things that have been making me happy recently.

1. Unexpected Gifts

My manager surprised me with a beautiful orchid, box of chocolates and a thank you card because our team has been under a bit of pressure recently with being one person short and time off due to paternity leave, holidays and sickness. This brightened up my day no end!

2. Deep Chats

A much needed conversation about deep stuff like feelings and the future happened last week and although it was hard, as it's not something that comes easily to me and I had been avoiding it for a while, I felt so much better afterwards. You would have thought I would have learnt after 30 odd years that it's always better to talk than bottle stuff up but I still haven't seemed to grasp this quite yet. Still, I'm getting there, slowly, very slowly!

3. New Car

I've put a deposit down on  a shiny new set of wheels and my manager has given me time off in lieu next Monday to go and pick it up (due to the aforementioned stress at work recently). I took it for a little test drive last weekend and it was love at first sight. I suspect this is at least part of the reason why my week is dragging as I can't wait to pick it up!

4. Locked Room Challenge

P's Nephew was down from up North last weekend so we did a locked room challenge called clueQuest near Kings Cross. They basically lock you in a room and you have to find keys and work out codes from clues, it was so much fun and would make a great team building exercise.

5. Giving Up Coffee

I've given up coffee (for the millionth time) and I feel so much better for it. Please remind me of this when I say I'm back on it again in a week's time!

6. Ctrl Alt Delete Podcast

After listening to The Lively Show archives twice over, I  really struggled to find another podcast I enjoyed as much but I'm loving listening to this one on my commute.

7. Meditation

I've started meditating (again) using the Headspace app and I'd forgotten just how calm and zen it makes me feel.

8. Peaches & Porridge

Yes I'm still on the porridge even though it's been 30 degrees plus outside. My latest topping discovery is chopped peaches sprinkled with cinnamon and bee pollen, finished with a drizzle of honey - so good!

9. A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman

I was given this book for my birthday and I'm really enjoying reading some fiction after the self-development books I've been reading lately.

10. Drying Washing on the Line

The hot weather the past couple of days has been killing me but one plus is being able to dry washing on the line. It dries so quickly!  Does this happy thing officially make me old?

What's been making you happy recently?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!