Tuesday, 5 July 2016

Happy Things


Here's what's been making me happy over the past couple of weeks:

1. Stephen K Amos

The night after the Brexit result  we went to see Stephen K Amos at the Udderbelly festival on the Southbank for some much needed light relief. Stephen was absolutely hilarious, I can't think of better post-Brexit therapy and I love the buzz of the Southbank at this time of year with the fairy lights and lanterns twinkling in the trees and delicious smells drifting through the air from the street food vendors.

2. My Twitter Feed

Let's just say that post-Brexit my Twitter feed has been the only thing keeping me sane. I think if I had only been reading the news I would have totally lost the plot!

3. Lake District

We went to the Lake District for my birthday and it was so lovely. I can't believe I've never been before. We had some delicious food, saw some stunning views and climbed Helvellyn. Already scheming about when I can go back! 

4. My Birthday

I was truly spoilt for my birthday, as well as P taking me to the Lake District, he bought me a box of amazing brownies from Paul A Young. I also got books and lots of very kind messages from the lovely people in my life, I feel very blessed!

5. Summer Berries

Strawberries, raspberries, blueberries, all the berries! I know you can get them all year round and I'm definitely guilty of buying ones from half way round the world in the depths of winter but they taste so much better when they're in season and local.

6. Making Plans

I've got some plans to make a few much needed changes to my life and I'm excited! Fingers crossed they all work out.

7. Meeting the Parents

P met my parents for the first time and despite feeling like I was going to have a heart attack (he was as cool as a cucumber) it all went smoothly and he's got my Mum's seal of approval.

8. Customer Service

I'm a massive fan of good customer service, so have to give a shout out to MSM Tyres in Maidenhead. I'm really impressed by their service. Whenever I have a problem with a tyre they always check whether they can repair it first and if they can't they explain everything and the options fully.

9. The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F*ck

This is my current read and I'm loving it. Giving less of a f*ck is absolutely something I need to work on.

10. Lovely Colleagues

I totally take them for granted  but I do work with some
truly amazing people. For my birthday they gave me a card with lovely messages, wine, flowers and two boxes of chocolate!

What's been making you happy recently?

1 comment:

  1. I love reading posts like this to start the day. Beautiful photo up top too and I'm with you on the summer berries for sure - yum!

    ReplyDelete