Wednesday, 13 July 2016

10 happy things



1. Afternoon Tea

Last weekend I caught up with some very lovely ladies for afternoon tea at Harrods. I made the schoolgirl error of filling up on too many sandwiches and scones and not having enough space to try the delightful looking patisseries pictured above *sob*.  Oh well I got the best bit (scones with clotted cream and jam obviously) and it's a good excuse to go back, although there's so many amazing afternoon teas in London to try #firstworldproblems. Anyway, it was THE nicest afternoon, my jaw literally hurt from laughing too much. I feel truly honored to have these ladies in my life!

2.  Harrods

After afternoon tea we had a little wander around Harrods, can you believe I've never been? The people watching opportunities are amazing, it's quite an interesting mix of tourists and people with way too much money. We saw the craziest fashion, which frankly I don't think I'll ever understand. You can keep your Chanel and Gucci, I'll stick with H&M and Zara thanks.

3. Exam Results

P passed his exams and got a 2:1 which is much more than he expected, so yay for this!

4. Psychologies Magazine

Always a good read, I love this magazine.

5. Tidying Out My Underwear Drawer

Who knew such a simple thing would make me so happy but tidying out my underwear drawer on Sunday was so therapeutic. I was feeling a bit blue but doing this, which is something I had been meaning to do for ages made me feel so much better. It felt like I was sorting through my head at the same time.

6. Game of Thrones

I've started watching the first series (series or season?) of Game of Thrones. I know I'm only about 10 years after the rest of the country but oh my god, so good!

7. Insanity Max 30

Love, love, love this workout! It's super hard but over quickly and leaves you feeling like you can conquer the world.

8. The Sun

No definitely not the newspaper, but the big round yellow thing in the sky. As I write this the sun is shining and it feels like that hasn't been happening a lot recently so definitely a happy thing!

9.  Porridge with Summer Berries and Chocolate

I was really craving chocolate this morning so stirred some Lindt dark chocolate into my oats and topped with berries and honey - yum! And it was dark chocolate so it's still healthy right?

10. Are you Fully Charged by Tom Rath

I've just finished reading Are Your Fully Charged by Tom Rath. A really interesting and inspiring read as energy is definitely something I feel I struggle with. I can't seem to get enough of books at the moment, it's great to have my reading mojo back.

What's been making you happy recently?

No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!